Lovin' Knit!!!!

Well, I am back from an absolutely lovely weekend at Lovin' Knit, a one year old yarn store in Atlanta, Georgia.  There was so much about this weekend that was absolutely perfect!  Pat, the store's owner, is an absolute dream... she has created an environment that is welcoming, festive and supportive. Her warm and wonderful staff fit the energetic hardworking knitters of Atlanta like a glove.  When I got to Atlanta it was green, the was shining and there were DAFFODILS blooming (this gives me hope it won't be winter forever at home!).  Really I feel so lucky that I get to call traveling to teach knitters part of my job!

Here is a little photographic journey of the weekend, please excuse any pictures that are less than clear, we were indoors most of the time and the lighting didn't always cooperate...

Eventide on Friday Night
Winterlude on Saturday... we did a great job at alternating between FUN and some serious learning
Saturday morning the local bead store, My Bead Hive, opened early for me so I could get some supplies for a secret project I am working on... thanks Laurie!
Pat, Janet, Dawn x2, Stacy and myself ended the weekend with lively BBQ at Swallow at the Hollow ... if you get to Atlanta, ya gotta go here!!!!
Oh, and one more thing! It's PI Day!!!!  So happy that I have a frozen pumpkin pie in my freezer...  guess what we are having for dessert tonight?

Comments

  1. Laura,
    Great class - you are an amazing teacher-- if Laura comes to teach in YOUR city.... YOU need to go! She made the complex simple.... and I'm on my way on my winterlude shawl.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    Thanks for being such a great and gracious teacher. I really enjoyed the class!

    Thanks,
    Lisa Huggins

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment