Beignet: September's Adorn Pattern!

Introducing Beignet, September's Adorn Pattern!
Beignet- September's Adorn Pattern
With a donut as a focal point, this beaded i-cord necklace explores the elegant simplicity of knitted jewelry.  Worked from the bottom up, the cast on is wrapped around the donut integrating it seamlessly into the design.  
Beignet- September's Adorn Pattern
I've shot a video for the cast on as it is quite unique and not the easiest to explain with words. I devised the cast on by futzing and ripping and trying again with the donut and my yarn and needles until it looked perfect and then recreated that for you!  The pattern includes a link to a private YouTube video that will make it all clear in a jiffy!
Beignet- September's Adorn Pattern
The donut I used is from Jul Designs, it's called Cinnamon Ring, and is from their shawl pin collection.  I spent a fair amount of time at TNNA drooling in their booth and it is one of the goodies I came away with!  I also have a turquoise donut I am dying to use that we got when we were in Albuquerque last spring... I'm just waiting for the perfect yarn for it!
Beignet- September's Adorn Pattern
Wondering if I am the only one craving a real donut after reading this.  It's my girl's last official day of summer as school starts tomorrow.  I'm thinking maybe a "donut" date is in order!

Comments

  1. Love it! Can't wait to knit it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!!! Love the donut. It would be so cool to try and supplement with a diz, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Laura! I have two wooden pieces this pattern would work nicely for~ love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much everyone! I'm thrilled you love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment